The Village Of Huntington Bay is located on the North Shore of Long Island and is part of
the Town of Huntington. The Village was formed in 1924 and currently has 1600 residents.
The North Shore of the Village is on the water body called Huntington Bay which connects
to the Long Island sound. In addition, the South Shore of Connecticut can be seen from our
The Village is home of the Huntington Yacht Club, the Head of the Bay Club and the Town
of Huntington's Crescent Beach. A few minutes south of the Village is Huntington Village
which has some of the finest restaurants, pubs and retail stores on Long Island. It is also
home of the Paramount Theatre.
The government of Huntington Bay is lead by Mayor Herbert Morrow and four trustees. The current trustees include Jay Meyer, Deputy Mayor; Don Rave, Police Commissioner; Mark Dara, Road Commissioner; and Barbara Beuerlein. There is an appointed Zoning Board of Appeals and an elected Village Justice, Steve Kunken. Also representing the village are administration officials headed by Village Administrator Gail Devol and includes Anthony Guardino of Farrell Fritz as Village Attorney and Jeff Vollmuth as Village Engineer. Danielle Catanese serves as Village Court Clerk and Deputy Village Administrator. Our Building Inspector is James Siino.
Huntington Bay has its own police force which is headed by Chief Christopher Jack. The Police Department has full New York State accreditation provides the residents police coverage 24 hours a day every day of the year, making Huntington Bay one of the safest places to live in America. The Village is also protected by the Halesite Fire Department, which works very closely with the Village Police, Mayor and Board of Trustees.
Our web site includes basic information about the Village. Additional information or questions can always be directed to Village Hall (631) 427-2843 or to me at (631) 423-8291 . In addition, you can follow us on the Village Of Huntington Bay Facebook Page.
Huntington Bay is a very unique, friendly, and beautiful community!